Qual Diamond Hydroqual HAPD diamond slurries are formulated using an advanced hydro-based matrix. The slurries are consisted of detonated polycrystalline diamond particles suspended in a hydro-based matrix. Prolonged suspension is made possible by a proprietary surface modification technology, which prevents diamond particles from agglomerating. They are widely used in lapping and precision polishing of different materials used in semiconductors, photonics and optics, advance ceramics, and metallography.
- Available sizes range from 0.1 to 10 µm.
- Stable at a wide temperature range: -20 °C – 40 °C.
- The rough polycrystalline diamond particle surface has numerous sharp edges, giving high material removal rates.
- Higher friability than monocrystalline diamond also contributes to faster material removal rates.
- Fine finishes.
- Less sub-surface deformation.
- Ideal for high-performance lapping and polishing.
- Tight particle size distribution due to deagglomeration technology.
- Chemically stable formulation.
- Environmentally friendly ingredients.
- Ease of cleaning up after lapping/polishing.